Fire above Chrome Horse in Cedar Rapids causes brief evacuation


A second floor light fixture fire caused the Chrome Horse Saloon in Cedar Rapids to evacuate for a brief time Thursday night.

According to a release from the Cedar Rapids Fire Department, they were dispatched to the restaurant at around 9:40 pm due to a fire reported in a light fixture on the upper floor.

The fire was extinguished with a pressurized water can extinguisher, and contained to the immediate area. The restaurant was evacuated while firefighters searched the floor and ventilated the building. The Chrome Horse was allowed to resume business shortly afterwards.

No injuries were reported. A damage estimate from the unintentional fire has yet to be determined.